With Halloween complete, it’s finally November, and I don’t know about you but I’m ready to celebrate all the things. I’m not sure if it’s due to being in a pandemic for the last 2 years or just the time of year but I’m feeling extra festive. So to kick off the holiday season let’s start by celebrating national Cinnamon Day. This week we’re giving you our top 5 cinnamon facts.
- To start off we have to talk about where cinnamon comes from. I actually learned this while writing this blog, but cinnamon comes from the bark of a cinnamon tree. I mean it definitely looks like overgrown pencil shaving but who knew it actually came from a tree too.
- Cinnamon has some amazing health benefits. It helps to support healthy blood sugar levels, fight viruses, get’s rid of the stomach flu, and even aids in weight loss among many other things. Let’s be honest even if aiding weight loss was the only thing it did I’d still be pro cinnamon.
- Cinnamon is probably the best spice you have on your spice rack. You can literally eat it with every meal if you wanted to. The breakfast options are endless from coffee to pancakes it’s the perfect topper. For lunch and dinner, you can use it for adding some spice to your meals like chicken or soups. The best desserts always have cinnamon in the recipe, snickerdoodle cookies, cinnamon buns, and cakes all use cinnamon.
- Cinnamon may actually be one of the oldest spices in the world. We know this because it’s actually mentioned in the biblical text at least 3 times.
- Speaking of spirituality cinnamon is actually used in a lot of religious practices because it is known to provide protection, love, abundance, and so many other things. This makes it a great tool for spells, alter work, etc.
Hopefully, you learned something new about cinnamon today. Check out our social media pages to see how we will be celebrating cinnamon day today. XOXO, Ivy Reina