Happy Monday Queens,
Being a plus-size queen, I often feel like I can't pull off wearing certain styles or items. I've tried many fashion tips that don’t seem to fit my body. I smell of a cliche that the fashion industry makes us all wear the same clothes to cover up our shape. With hot girl summer loading, it’s time to make sure we’re on top of the hottest trends and we have to make sure we know how to style them. So I've created this guide of fashion hacks for baddies. Here are 5 simple tricks to help everyone find items that suit their size no matter what it is.
Biker shorts are the ultimate in baddie fashion. They're incredibly easy to wear and can be paired with anything from a t-shirt to a leather jacket. But if you want to really up your game, here are some tips on how to wear biker shorts like a baddie:
- Pair them with a leather jacket and combat boots for a back-to-the-'80s feel everyone will be jealous of.
- Pair them with athletic shoes and a t-shirt for an athletic look that's still totally baddie-approved.
- Grab a biker short set so that you already have a matching outfit and layer it up with accessories like gold jewelry and sunglasses for an effortlessly stylish look.
If you've got a few graphic tees in your closet, you're probably familiar with the feeling of not knowing how to style them. You could wear them with a pair of skinny jeans and a blazer like you'd wear a regular tee, but that look is really overplayed, and you also don't want to look like a total basic B wearing them around town with only shorts and flip flops. But fret not fashion friends: we've got your back! Here are our favorite ways to style your favorite graphic tees like a baddie:
- Pair it with a cute skirt or dressy pants. This is so easy, and it looks great on everyone no matter their body type or gender identity. You can even get away with wearing it with some heels if you're feeling bold!
- Wear it over another shirt or dress as an accent piece. You'll look chic AF while still keeping things casual enough for everyday wear
- Finally, try tucking your shirt into your high-waisted jeans to take your look from basic to stylish. Bonus tip: tuck your t-shirt into your bra or tie it in a knot for a cropped look that will give your body some shape.
This next tip works for all of our girlies but especially our petite queens. Try matching your shoes to your pants. This tip doesn’t need a bunch of bullets because it’s that simple. Matching the color of your shoes to the color of your pants will elongate your legs and make you look more put together.
Speaking of simple, it’s time to bust out the sundresses. Styling sundresses is super easy because they typically look fantastic on their own, but if you’re looking to elevate the sundress try these simple hacks.
- If you’re from the south or you just really like western wear try adding a belt to give your body shape, matching cowboy boots, and a cute sun hat (bonus points if you go full cowboy with it). Remember to pull some of the fabric through the belt so that you create fullness in more flattering areas.
- Let’s be honest the right sundress will do all of the work for you, so try styling it with a super trendy hairstyle, like a high ponytail or some cute braids.
- Lastly, switch up your shoes based on the length of the dress. For mini dresses go with a cute pair of heels and give them legs for days. For knee-length dresses try pairing them with a pair of sneakers for a sporty on-the-go look. With midi dresses, strappy heels are the classiest option and maxi dresses work with literally every pair of sandals.
The last hack of the day is to utilize your swimsuits. If you’re like me you have a drawer full of swimsuits that you need to make use of. Here are a few ways to be pool ready all summer long.
- Most one-pieces can easily double as cute bodysuits by simply pairing them with a cute skirt or pair of pants. Pro tip: try matching the color of your pants to one of the colors in your swimsuit and no one will be able to tell it’s not a bodysuit.
- If you’re comfortable showing skin this summer try pairing your bikini top with your biker shorts or underneath your cute mesh tops for the ultimate baddie outfit.
- If you don’t want to show as much skin try layering your bikini top under a button-down shirt.
I bet you didn’t think you were going to get fully thought out fashion hacks today did you? Hopefully, you were able to find some baddie hacks that you can use this summer and if you have any ideas you want to add to the list be sure to let us know on our social media pages. Also, be sure to follow us on Tiktok for some video examples @ivyreina. Until next week, unleash your inner queen XOXO Ivy Reina.