We took a short break last week to refocus, but we’re back with our weekly motivation and meditation tips for our beautiful queens.
- You’re an adult you can say no: it took me 27 years but I’ve finally learned the power of just saying no. No is a complete sentence and doesn’t have to be followed up with an explanation. If you don’t like to eat kale, don’t eat it. If someone wants to take you out but you just want to stay in your pjs tell them no. You don’t have to explain, you can just say no and turn on Netflix.
- Workout with your bestie: Working out is so much easier when you have a consistent partner. Y’all can set workout goals and meal prep together, anything to get you both living a healthier life, because when you eat good you feel good, and when you feel good, you look good.
- Take a tech break: Technology can feel like it rules our lives if we aren’t careful. Take a break from your cell phone, tv, computers, etc to allow you to decompress from all the stress that comes with those things. You’ll also be giving your eyes a much needed break from all of the blue light.
- Stop and smell the roses: Find a scent you love and just take it all in. Practice taking deep breaths and enjoy something that you love.
- Have we already mentioned shopping? They call it retail therapy for a reason. Grab your girls and head to the mall or even a beauty supply store and try on some cute clothing or wigs and take a bunch of pictures. If you really love it checkout and take it home with you. Of course we recommend shopping at ivyreina.com and creating a haul video when all of your cute clothing comes in.
Tune in next week for another five ways to master self-care. XOXO, Ivy Reina