It’s our favorite time of year, spooky season, and we have a lot in store for you beautiful ladies. Starting with this month’s top 5 lists, we’re going to give you some ideas to inspire your Halloween looks this season starting with our top 5 female villains. Because let’s be honest there can be no hero, without a villain. Before we start, no, there are no black women on the villain list because I refuse to glorify Hollywood villainizing black women, check for us next week with the top 5 heroes.
- Bellatrix Lestrange: For those of you who have not seen the Harry Potter Series Bellatrix is one of the evilest witches in Harry Potter History. She’s intelligent, fierce, and a master of the dark arts. She’s known for her obsessive love of Voldemort and giving nightmares.
- Mystique: X-Men is my personal favorite Marvel series and Mystique is a beautifully complex villain. She’s a shape-shifting mutant who is known for being a double agent. She’s sexy, cunning, and self-preserving, but honestly, Mystique is such a complex character I’d recommend reading the comics or at least watching all of the X-Men movies for a better understanding of why she’s so great.
- Ain: As an anime lover One Piece is probably one of my favorites animes. Ain is the second in command of the Nao Marines (they hunt pirates) and she’s a badass. She has the personality you’d expect from someone who’s second in command, her personality is strict and emotionless to make her seem even more intense. She’s obviously super skilled with the sword and combat, but she also ate a devil fruit so she has the power to age someone backward 12 years. In fact, she can keep aging you back until you are no longer born.
- Maleficent: Hopefully we’ve all seen the Disney movie Sleeping Beauty because spoilers lol. Even when I was a child I know Maleficent had to be more complex than the cartoon version was leading on, because why would she do that. The live-action gives this queen the back story she deserves. Maleficent is a powerful fairy that is doing what she thinks is best to protect the magical realm from humans because you know how we destroy everything. And in the live-action version Sleeping Beauty was more like a daughter to her than anything else, but kidnapping does give you villain status.
- Shego: I love Shego from Kim Possible. She knows that she works for an idiot, but she’s seemingly happy with her career despite her sassy attitude. Honestly, she’s kind of inspiring outside of the crimes she commits. She does what she wants and says what she wants and has the power to manipulate some sort of green energy. Not to mention she’s educated, holds a degree in child development, and even tutored another villain’s son.
Hopefully, you enjoyed this list, and if you do decide to be one of these villains for Halloween make sure you tag us on IG (@ivy_reina) we want to be able to share everyone’s costumes this year. Check in on Monday for our top 5 female heroes. XOXO, Ivy Reina