Happy Monday Queens! Coming off of Juneteenth weekend mixed with father’s day can create a lot of social stress. If you’re like me your social meter gets depleted very quickly. This week’s 5 self-care tips are focused on replenishing your social meter.
- Start your day with something you enjoy. Play your favorite playlist while you get dressed, start your day with some exercise, or eat your favorite breakfast. Whatever you choose, choose something you love so you can start your day out happy and with a full mental charge.
- Take some time to decompress daily. As soon as I get home from work I like to put all of my things down and just sit in the hammock and breath. There really is an art to doing nothing, and sometimes it’s the best thing to rid yourself of the stress of putting up with people every day.
- Move for at least 30 minutes a day. We all know the importance of working out, but your workouts don’t have to be super structured. Get up and dance for 30 minutes if that’s what makes you feel better. Moving around is so important for your health and helps promote positive energy.
- GET SOME SLEEP! Come home and take a nap or get everything done and go to bed early. I know it seems like there isn’t enough time in the day and you need to stay up to get all of the things done, but the truth is if you don’t get it done it will be there tomorrow, the world will not end, and your body will thank you. Not only can sleep help you to clear brain fog, but it also promotes healthy skin and digestion.
- Purge the negative thoughts. At the end of your day write down all of the negative things that happened, the lies and self doubt you experienced throughout the day. Once you purge your mind of all the negativity from the day, burn or rip up that paper and throw it away. You don’t need to hold on to these things because they add to energy depletion.
Tune in next week for another 5 ways to master self-care. XOXO, Ivy Reina